ExCEL Summer Program 2017
ObjectivesExploration Centric Experiential Learning program (ExCEL Summer Program 2017) aims to provide secondary school students opportunities to:
- explore different disciplines at the university level via innovative blended and experiential learning approaches
- get a taste of university education
- enhance students' learning profile
- strengthen critical thinking skills in knowledge discovery
- earn academic credits from university level courses
CoursesTwo blended learning courses consists of online and face-to-face sessions will be offered in Summer 2017:
The students who completed both the online and face-to-face session of the single registered course can receive HKUST credits.
There are two ways of nomination. Either teacher nomination or self-nomination should be taken.
- Submits the teacher registration form
- HKVU contacts teacher and sends teacher a student registration form by email
- Distributes Student Registration Form to students with each student registers for at most one course
- HKVU collects student registrations for teacher by batch
- After verification with teacher, HKVU invites students to join the online course by email
- HKVU informs teacher the invitation status by email
Students can start accessing the online courses in April 2017.
A face-to-face written mid-term assessment will be conducted on Saturday in May 2017 (to be announced) at HKUST campus.
Due to the limited quota, only the students passed the assessment will be considered to enroll in a face-to-face 2-week summer program at HKUST in mid-July 2017.
Each course of ExCEL consists of two sessions:
- The online session from April to July is free-of-charge.
- The charge of the credits earned from the face-to-face session in mid-July is HK$3,000.
Contact UsWeb Site: https://hkvu.hk
Mr. Ronald Chow
Hong Kong Virtual University
c/o Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Clear Water Bay, Kowloon